Following a postgraduate course on LaTeX, I include here some new resources (see my previous post for details on LaTeX and the course). Firstly, I’ve updated the University Thesis Document with some code and comments that:
- add a third supervisor: just follow the comments – let me know if this is successful for you.
- removes the code to add \textsubscript – Rob emailed to say that in newer implementations of MiKTeX this command is native, so doesn’t need to be created
- Some folks asked how to change it to a Master’s dissertation – just do a CTRL+H in thesis.tex and thesis.tcp and replace the offending text strings
I also said I’d circulate some resources – here are the references & links:
- Hopka, H. & Daly, P. W. (2004). Guide to LaTeX, 4th ed. Pearson: New Jersey.
- LaTeX Stack Exchange
- The “official” University Thesis Document
- The unofficial Geography PGR’s University Thesis Document
- LaTeX Cheat Sheet
- The LaTeX Wikibook
- Excel to LaTeX converter and LaTeX table maker
Finally, thanks for coming – Chris and I had a really relaxed, enjoyable day – we hope you found it helpful.